Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Finally Up On Linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownOut

Banned
It's true, I'm looking for a change for my career. After some prodding from my collegues, I put up a profile on Linked in. Here it is. Constructive criticism welcome :)

PS It occurred to me you might need to be a member to view my page. Oh well....

Last edited:
G'day Brownout,
I got an invitation to linked in by guy on another forum and haven't done anything as I know jack all about it. Would you mind explaining a bit about it as I'm always a bit suss when I get invites from a guy I've never met.

Cheers Bryan

PS It occurred to me you might need to be a member to view my page. Oh well....

I am a member of LinkedIn, but I get the following message when I click on your link ...

"You and this LinkedIn user don’t know anyone in common
You can only view the profiles of users within your network. However, as you add connections, you may discover people you know in common."

I am a member of LinkedIn, but I get the following message when I click on your link ...

You can only view the profiles of users within your network. However, as you add connections, you may discover people you know in common."

I got the same thing and finally gave up.

G'day Brownout,
I got an invitation to linked in by guy on another forum and haven't done anything as I know jack all about it. Would you mind explaining a bit about it as I'm always a bit suss when I get invites from a guy I've never met.

Cheers Bryan

It is a way for like minded individuals in a particular field to network.

G'day Brownout,

Cheers Bryan

Well, not that I know all that much. It's a social networking site for professionals. You can post a resume, put up a blurb about what your specialities are, get networked wtih other's in your profession, join directed discussion groups, be contacted by employers, etc. I'm just getting started myself. Joining and using the service is pretty easy. Not sure how useful it is yet.

Well that sucks. I didn't realize it was that restrictive. That's disappointing.

Yes, I get the same notice. There must be a way to manually add someone as a connection....

I don't usually use my LinkedIn account anyway, so it's probably not even worth it for me. Good luck with yours, BrownOut :)
Regards,
Der Strom

Well, I can see profiles of members I'm not linked to. I guess you have to log on and then you can view anyone you want.

Yes, I get the same notice. There must be a way to manually add someone as a connection....

You can use the search facility, and then add any member you find.

Last edited:
Well, I can see profiles of members I'm not linked to. I guess you have to log on and then you can view anyone you want.

You can use the search facility, and then add any member you find.

Is BrownOut your LinkedIn name?

No wonder nobody can find you. Not expecting to see an electrical engineer driving a tractor? That's more TCMTECH's style :D

That's nice. wouldn't it be good to connect each other on Linkedin?
I don't find the network useful though, but will be fun to have more connections.

A nice necropost there Electroenthusiast !

As for LinkedIn, I prefer to be linked-out and bypassed. :)

A former colleague suggested that this thing could be a good idea and so joined.

I never did find it useful and got fed up of the connection requests from random persons that I had never heard of before.

JimB

As for LinkedIn? My niece got me into it several years ago and it was more a PITA than a useful tool. Especially now being retired I would choose to be LinkedOut. :) I never really did see it as a viable networking tool, maybe for some fields but not engineering fields. Maybe it will work for some I just never cared for it.

Ron

I can't remember if I mentioned this yet in this thread, but I got my software development job by using LinkedIn. Helped me connect with just the right people in my field of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back