Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

final year project

Status
Not open for further replies.

baftab

my final year is about to start, tht is from 11th jan and i hav almost a year to make a project

i need few ideas that i may discuss with my teacher and decide

am good with programming controllers and i prefer to work on them
was thinking of deisgine an automated appartment or hotel

carpark, flats, lift, fire alarms, etc etc

though it seems a bit childish

any ideas?
all are welcome...whether or not they involve a controller
:)

You need to understand the system that you are trying to control. Something that you already know something about will be easier, but you will still need to do research. I don't think it matters what the system is, as long as you do it well.

baftab said:
my final year is about to start.......[snip]....any ideas?

Here are few ideas
- review what other students from past years have submitted (to guage level of complexity that is typical for a final year project in your school)
- try www.google.com (there are tons of ideas here that are great starting points for projects)
- read, read, read

Have a very Merry Christmas!!!:)

If you want to be a fox not a sheep ,turn the computer off and sit down quietly under a tree and let your imagination go.

Do you know why you have about one year to finish this project? If not, i will tell you(and i you really seriously don't, you shouldn't be in college)

The reason is so you can THINK about what you are going to do. And the reason for letting YOU decide? So YOU can have a chance to prove what YOU know, not what others can dream up.

If i was to give you an idea, what makes you think that i would want you to get all the credit for my idea? When you get your degree, are you going to come to this same forum and ask for ideas to build? I am almost positive that everyone here would be absolutely FURIOUS if our ideas made you rich, famous, or even made your life a little better. I personally would be pissed.

College students that can not think for themselves are scum to me. The world has no use for people that need help for every waking step of the way.

Baftab, i am not attacking you, but i do think that since you have made it this far, there is no reason for you to sluff off now. I am sure you would get a lot more help if you would have added your two cents before begging us to give it to you.

I am sure this whole community would be more than happy to help you, if you would do enough work to make us feel good about helping you.

I would suggest you take the weekend off and start wandering around electronics stores. That would give any geek ideas. If you find something interesting, try to think of ideas to make it BETTER!

All i can say is good luck...

after a lot of pondering...i hav come up with something i would LIKE to make, though am not sure whether its feasible or not
i want to build a robot, something like PackBot Scout

**broken link removed**

though...this certain robot is used for scouting and has to cover a large area on rough terrain, in wars etc, i'd built a one for police.

a bomb scare, it'll help detect bomb ... live control n video, equipped with a plier to cut a wire if nedeed(controlled plier obv), send the proximity's temp n all and a camera, able to rotate in all directions

is it possible to make such a bot, on such small scale?

That is a cool idea for a robot.

Heres how I go about designing projects and stuff:

You might start by maybe drawing a sketch of what you want the final product and make a list of features that you want it to have (wire cutters, camera, night vision, etc.)

Then after you have a goal to work toward try to break the project up into modules like work on just the camera part, then just the wire cutters or something like that. I find that breaking a project down into managable pieces makes it easier to get things to work because your focusing on that one thing and not dealing with the other parts.

Also another cool idea I thought about for my project which could apply to yours to is make like an expansion port so you could design add ons that are basically plug and play. You could do something like that for the eye's of the robot maybe just have a port where you could plug in different types of cameras or something.

Hope this helps

neat idea...abt plug n play
:)
thnks

and yeh...i will beake my projects into diff parts...coz its a grp project..so we'll divide it among ourselves...

thnks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back