Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Final Year Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

khansaab

I am just starting my final year in Industrial Electronics Engineering. And required to submit the proposal for my final year project.

My area of interest is "Control and Automation" and thus all my semester projects belonged to the same. But for final year project I want to make something useful for industry rather than something which would become a showpiece for project exhibitions.

Plz give me some ideas of what should be worked upon. The idea should be such that, if worked upon, then it should give some useful solutions to an industrial problem.

Practicing and retired engineers, if any out there reading this post, plz help me. All others are welcome too. Currently I am very open to ideas.

I am just starting my final year in Industrial Electronics Engineering. And required to submit the proposal for my final year project.

My area of interest is "Control and Automation" and thus all my semester projects belonged to the same. But for final year project I want to make something useful for industry rather than something which would become a showpiece for project exhibitions.

Plz give me some ideas of what should be worked upon. The idea should be such that, if worked upon, then it should give some useful solutions to an industrial problem.

Practicing and retired engineers, if any out there reading this post, plz help me. All others are welcome too. Currently I am very open to ideas.

I have lots of industrial problem.... please let me know what is your skill set...

To be elaborate my areas of interest are embedded systems, data acquisition, industrial instrumentation, automation and control.

I have worked quiet alot in embedded C. I am also trained in assembly language, Visual Basic and MATLAB/SIMULINK and LabVIEW.

My previous projects are

1- Dual polarity adjustable power supply with adjustable current source
2- Digital multimeter
3- Automatic temperature control with user interfaces of LCD, keypad along with serial link and control from LabVIEW.
4- Unmanned Ground Vehicle (Autonomous -- Employed image acquisition, processing and control)
5- PID controller and Lag lead compensator for DC motor control

And I have worked with 8051, PIC and 8088 in above projects.

Maybe above description might be of any help to you. Plz give me some ideas as i am required to submit my project proposal.

To be elaborate my areas of interest are embedded systems, data acquisition, industrial instrumentation, automation and control.

I have worked quiet alot in embedded C. I am also trained in assembly language, Visual Basic and MATLAB/SIMULINK and LabVIEW.

My previous projects are

1- Dual polarity adjustable power supply with adjustable current source
2- Digital multimeter
3- Automatic temperature control with user interfaces of LCD, keypad along with serial link and control from LabVIEW.
4- Unmanned Ground Vehicle (Autonomous -- Employed image acquisition, processing and control)
5- PID controller and Lag lead compensator for DC motor control

And I have worked with 8051, PIC and 8088 in above projects.

Maybe above description might be of any help to you. Plz give me some ideas as i am required to submit my project proposal.

Seems to be fine..... You just need a topic to work or you would like to be in the industry to take up the assignment... ?

Anyway where are you from ...n which campus...?

I am in Karachi, Pakistan. And I just want an idea of whats current in the Control and Automation industry. And what do they need to facilitate the solution to their problems.

I am in Karachi, Pakistan. And I just want an idea of whats current in the Control and Automation industry. And what do they need to facilitate the solution to their problems.

If it is an academic based project... it wont have much value in the industry.... Because there are so many factors involved in this...

1. You should be capable enough to make an economic solution (Every body can do any project, but at What cost is the question.)

2. If you do the project in academic...it will be probably a table working mode... Its never going to work in the industry environment. because of the natural noise..machine created noise..supply line condition...robustness of the each component u select...efficiency of your design... all this plays a major role. (noise i mentioned here are EMC)

3. How efficient is your coding.... You should be able to prove the optimisation of your software...

The current trend in the automation industry are technology based in.... PLC, SCADA, GSM, GPRS, ZIGBEE & Z wave.... and MODBUS also plays a major role.

If you are good enough in LabView....you can do wonders in data aquisition and controls...

If you really want to do some thing fruitfull to the industry... i suggest you to discuss with your dean and arrange a pesonal visit to one of the automation industry in your place...and work out on the problem to give the best solution...

I can tell you many industry problem, but there is no use of just taking that blindly. You will not get the real scenario unless other wise you really work close with the industry. If any plan to come to india...please let me know... to help you out on this...

Thank you very much Rajaneesh for outlining factors for choosing the project. And as you said that a personal visit to the industry would be very good, I must tell you that I am currently trying to acquire a project from a company but initial negotiations are quiet ambiguous. Any ways I ll keep trying to get a project from a working industry. Again thankyou very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back