Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Final project critique

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeskier89

For a science project I need to turn on and control two motors and turn on and off two lasers via the computer. The motor control was already covered in the thread "Help: Digital Polarity Inverter". It would be absolutely awesome if someone could look over my circuit with the lasers/an led added for a final time. Any assistance would be great since Im still a newbie for this subject. One of the major questions I had was when adding resistance so the 12V doesnt fry the 3V lasers, do you add the resistance after the NPN BJT, before the laser, or does it really matter?

Well thanks again in advance!
-Brandon

Attachments

• drawing1_537.gif
    drawing1_537.gif
    17.4 KB · Views: 458
well, for starters, it looks like your DC supply is backwards in that diagram...

the resistors are fine right where they are.

I presume that the bottom pin on each of the logic input pin pairs is logic ground?

well they do all appear to be connected to (what should be) the negative terminal of the DC supply, and they would have to share a ground with the controlling circuit anyway...

Alright then. Thanks for all your help! So the consensus is that it will theoretically work. right?

Thanks,
Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back