Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Final Project(Advice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wond3rboy

Hi, I am supposed to submit my Final Year Project in 11 months.I have made my Junebug(just waiting for the IC's to be delivery to complete).The tutor is on completion.I wanted to know whether i should stick to learning PIC's and base my project on them?My teacher said that if our application didnt demand it i should stick to AT89c51/52 which we are being taught.I have understood some of Nigels tutorials and will implement them as soon as my 18F2550 arrives.So what do you guys say?I have been cemeting my basics recently.:confused:

It depends...weigh which one you are more comfortable with and which one you can work on at home more. Because it does help to not need to come into the lab to work on it, especially late at night when you are rushing to get things done.

It depends...weigh which one you are more comfortable with and which one you can work on at home more. Because it does help to not need to come into the lab to work on it, especially late at night when you are rushing to get things done.

Hi dknguyen, i just got an idea about a final year project. It is to detect faulty lights on an airport runway(saw another post here also about detection). I am planning to use Vibration Harvesting(that way i can capture the energy when planes land or take off). Now the sensing part has already been done commercially as shown in this pdf. About the Vibration harvesting part a guy from University of South hampton has patented a low frequency virbation generator on the 24rth of this month and i cant mimick or take that idea due to the lack of facalities and ofcourse the patent. What i can do is that i can use piezo electric energy capturing.

My question to everybody is that " Is this a good project?" I am not asking for any daigrams or any thing(will post if i get stuck on the way). From a nuetral point of view say you are an expert than how would you rate this project. Very much obliged.

Attachments

• Already made.pdf
    54.2 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
Sounds like an interesting project. The kinetic generator sounds really interesting.

I would not worry about the patent. Unless it is different where you live, anyone is free to use patented ideas. The patent only prevents the selling of things made with the patent.

I will try to get the kinetic generator thing working else i will use piezo electric cystal.If i do end up using a piezo electric crystal will it be good?

Last edited:
I have to build a project switch-mode power supply 0-30V 5A with short circuit protection... Is there any help I could get?

I have to do a final project which is Noise cancellation .An active noise canceler to eliminate the 50Hz noise found in electrical signals due to AC power-line contamination. So , can i get some help on this ..................

Do you ever wonder if the schools are just using students as product development droids to serve a higher power? :O

I have to do a final project which is Noise cancellation .An active noise canceler to eliminate the 50Hz noise found in electrical signals due to AC power-line contamination. So , can i get some help on this ..................need urgent ????

So is it for the smps we have to design a transformer ourself??? cause I need sumthin wid a 220v input and and output of DC 0-30v 5A.... yes the IC is quiet a help but hw in the world am I suppose to design and implement this thing.... I have askd engineers and they say its not easy to design smps this is not fair man..... :O

Please, anybody can help me out. I need circuit diagram 1000 watt pwm with inverter for inverter using SG3524 IC

sir im very very thaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back