Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

file conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

_ab

Dear friends....
How can i convert this file alarm.src to alarm.hex???I cant create it using the mpasmwin.I also tried to contact the publisher by e-mail but his e-mail is no longer valid.(its from the elektor magazine october 1998)

Thanks a lot Panagiotis

Attachments

• ALARM1.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 106
The Parapic converter which converts Parallax syntax into PIC assembly from Tony Nixon is no where to be found on the internet now. Perhaps someone might have an old copy on their harddisk.

The CVASM is an assembler instead but it fits the requirement of the OP perfectly.

Well i tried, but it seems that it is not assembling with the right way.... :-(
I did what you see in my attachment but when i put it into the socket the circuit was not responded as it suppose to.....What else should i do???

Thanks Again Panagiotis

Attachments

• untitled.zip
    51.2 KB · Views: 105
_ab said:
...but when i put it into the socket the circuit was not responded as it suppose to.....What else should i do???

Nobody understands what is happening here. What is placed into the socket of what?

Your attachment showed the successful result of assembling a file and created an output file.

Did you programmed it into a PIC? What PIC? Have you setup the correct configuration option on the PIC to use the correct crystal?

The code inside the ALARM.SRC file includes codes for USART so it could be for connection to a PC serial port. Have you connected up the cable and is there anything else happening in Hyperterminal?

The alarm circuit uses a pic16f84 proceccor and it can communicate with the pc using the hyper terminal for entering the "exit time" and some similar functions.When i said that i put it in the socket i meant to his 18 pin base.I successfully programmed the pic16f84chip with ic-prog and plms ozipic er programmer but i am suspicious if the assembler made errors on assembling.....Is it possible???.Also when i press the button connect from the hyper terminal i don't see any connection establishing between the pic and the pc using the com1.

Last edited:
_ab said:
..but i am suspicious if the assembler made errors on assembling.....Is it possible???

Please check for other hardware problems. Assembler error is highly unlikely in this case.

I will check it out and i will tell you my results.....Thanks again for answering me
I appriciate your concern........

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back