Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Figured to share cutting jig I made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fezder

Must be dense, but I don't get it.

article said:
It's simply just sticks laid on <what> to create stops for different lengths for jumper wires which are then cut with flush cutters. This is still prototype so improvements might be coming in the future! It's ugly, but it works, so goal met here.

Addition: Afterwards i realized this jig is great for heathsrinks too.

The latter is supposed to be "heatshrink", but the former?

Argh, I read it throught but typos were still there, thanks KISS
And i probadly got lost from thought, I think <what> needed ''base next each othert''

There, corrected those.

Except for the yellow (0.4" ) jumpers that I bought a bunch of, I make most of my jumpers too. I don't like all of the different colors, so I stick to yellow. To help get the bent length right, I use one of these:
upload_2016-1-10_16-26-59.png

I then trim the stripped ends to be about equal. The ply I prefer to use is like the ply you show. It is often called Baltic birch in the US. It is considerably more expensive and has more plys than our common SPF ply (SPF = spruce, pine, fir).

John

I am lazy and eyeball it, but I seem to have a fairly quick and accurate eyeball (still MK1 version with no silicon dioxide enhancement ).

I too used my eyes but this works better for me :)

Clever idea. Might consider incorporating a cutting blade, like the old paper cutters?

Paper_cutter_1.jpg

I'm planning on doing that, once I find enough cheap one, don't wanna possibly ruin only one at home :D

I'm planning on doing that, once I find enough cheap one, don't wanna possibly ruin only one at home :D

I was going to say, you'll need to make sure the blade can handle it and that the wire you're cutting isn't too thick. I wonder if you ought to make your own blade out of a strip of metal you know will be strong enough. You could fit it into an old cutter.

well 22awg is quite small and thus should be able to cut with cheap blades, I recall we cut PCB's with some similar machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back