Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fidget spinner electric Ac generator :) and pulse motor powered with small solar panels

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy on the next hill along from us, has just put a tiny hydro generator at the bottom of his drive. like ours its around 1/4 mile long and a good steady gradient, he has a 4" pipe running from the brook into the pipe and down the drive. It then goes into a turbo like thing and turns this small motor. To be honest its pretty neat and kicks out around 300W of power. Not bad for free water, but then we dont count the £400 he spent on pipe and fitting, £75 for the turbo thing, £650 for the armored cable back upto the house. £200 for the guy with digger to lay the pipe.

I went to a house a couple of years back, the address was 'Mill Farm Close' (so a bit of a give away).

It was a semi-detached house, and dead on the join of the two houses was the original water feed to the mill that used to be there.

So they got together and fitted a water turbine - it's only 2KW - but it produces 2KW continually, no matter the time of year.

They share the power between them, and if any is 'left over' it's dumped to storage heaters in the bed rooms.

The small amount of power isn't worth selling back to the grid, who don't pay very much.

My old friend TCM tech, I know there are a lot of ways to do this but when you are working with kids you have to combine toys with science to get a little atention.

Yes and as someone who has family who work in the public school system and teach science classes I can say for certain your demonstration is a pretty poor example to learn from given whats required to make it work for what it shows in the end.

I dare say it's the key point many of us have been pushing here from day one. Your device does demonstrate a basic principle but it does it poorly and you justify its validity even worse. :(

Here's just one of countless better demonstrator kits most an kid can see and understand the actual working of through first hand hands on play.

**broken link removed**
https://www.hbarsci.com/products/ph...fIar7UX78WAoXRoC5moQAvD_BwE&variant=353880657

In each generation it will need to be rebuilt twice. £700 with inflation.
Now where did I say it was a Chinese motor :D. Your right though, thats if it actually lasts more than a year or two. One of our solar panels (water heat type) only lasted six weeks! But that had more to do with me trying to learn Golf, bloody stupid game.

in the mean time I have finished model no 4.
Tcm it is a nice layout, I like "the old style things" , but now the kids are playing with drones .......so to have a little atention probably I will start with this model :
my device .....I am looking for an aplication regarding the magnetic flux generated by a neodymium sphere at high rpms. It is something what I am looking more important than a generator...... I wish just to improve the layouts educational purpose , not to go further....electricity is cheap for the moment at least in my country is 0.104 euro /Kw
st

Last edited:
fidget spinner generator no 5 using a neodymium sphere 30 mm + three neodymium spheres 13 mm as weight for the spinner + the old coil iron less
thx st

Notice how you have now proved what i said at the start ;). There was/is nothing special with the magnet etc or the set up. Your variations show it will work in many many forms, its a shame no one can come up with a name for a machine like this :rolleyes::rolleyes::troll:

Yes and as someone who has family who work in the public school system and teach science classes I can say for certain your demonstration is a pretty poor example to learn from given whats required to make it work for what it shows in the end.

I dare say it's the key point many of us have been pushing here from day one. Your device does demonstrate a basic principle but it does it poorly and you justify its validity even worse. :(

Here's just one of countless better demonstrator kits most an kid can see and understand the actual working of through first hand hands on play.

**broken link removed**
https://www.hbarsci.com/products/ph...fIar7UX78WAoXRoC5moQAvD_BwE&variant=353880657
Where do the batteries go??? :hilarious::hilarious:

Sorry just noticed the red blue battery sitting on top, the one with no wires on.

.....I wonder if I should apply 2 stroke chainsaw motor to that project board and then wonder why after starting up the beast, every one runs away.... hmm, a shame really, it made some quite impressive power before inertia claimed addendum and it made orbit.

However on a more ideal note on this type of configuration, if you wanted to apply power output disregarding drag and friction to a point of greater reduction, then you would have to design a vacuum chamber with sealed wire ports for connections and an internal platform that sustains the spinners angle and polarity to start and then observe the results in length of how long the spinner would rotate.

And that the array of internal parts would need to be close for optimal transfer / minimal loss.

Would be an moderate/lengthy term commitment in development cost and unforeseen factors to an greater end on larger scales.

: Edited : might as well add this in now.

Of course then there would be a problem, the rotation of an magnetic field would still disrupt the time of rotation by halting the field produced by rotation eventually, few minutes typical spin time unless the size of a car wheel 18" or so spinner is used... Surprise the results would be identical. Or close enough unless the vacuum or magnetism is altered a bit.

Last edited:
What do you think about pulse motor ?
Can we integrate fidget spinner generator
using a reed switch, a coil and solar panels to transform it into a small Ac generator based on a pulse motor ?

pulse motor powered with small solar panels -
- potential power source for the fidget spinner AC generator

Hello Tcm Tech my old friend!!!!! I've missed you. I will start like this : 1. Free energy does not exists. Energy is conserved. Infinite energy would require "cheating" somehow, such as getting power from outside the universe! There's no way to do that within the laws of physics that we know. 2. Wendelstein 7-X is the world’s largest fusion device of the stellarator type. Its objective is to investigate the suitability of this type for a power plant. Plasma discharges lasting up to 30 minute. This experimental reactor will consume far more power than it generates. 3. New experiments using Helium-3 (a non-radioactive isotope of helium with two protons and one neutron (common helium having two neutrons) - there is no free energy..... I never presented small Ac generator, pulse motor, fidget spinner AC generator as a free energy device!!! or a perpetuum mobile!!!!!! Now back to ower sheep.

Pulse motor : pulsed motor, unlike normal uses short pulses of current to drive the motor, making it spin.

I am not trying to demonstrate that 1 = 2 here I hope to found that 1 = 0.9 :)

Why do you think it is complicated ?

I have just a diferent point of view .

So, you figure your creation is on the same grounds of scientific discovery significance as a Tokamak fusion reactor? :confused:

So, you figure your creation is on the same grounds of scientific discovery significance as a Tokamak fusion reactor? :confused:
TCM TECH I have all the respect for your knowledges. To make you understand I will give you a single example :
The Large Hadron Collider (LHC)..... costs : aprox 7,5 bn euro
Why ? scientists hope will help them to discover new things by recording data.
At the first look you can say the same thing. Nothing special! : The LHC consists of a 27-kilometre ring of superconducting magnets with a number of accelerating structures to boost the energy of the particles along the way.Inside the accelerator, two high-energy particle beams travel at close to the speed of light before they are made to collide. The beams travel in opposite directions in separate beam pipes – two tubes kept at ultrahigh vacuum. They are guided around the accelerator ring by a strong magnetic field maintained by superconducting electromagnets.(In general when a permanent magnet is cooled, its atoms don't randomly move as much. This makes them easier to line up and increases their magnetic field) LHC - requires chilling the magnets to ‑271.3°C – a temperature colder than outer space.
IT is something special what can you discover recording data....from " some pipes and magnets ".....
ps : don't look at it as an Ac generator and you will figure it out

st

Last edited:
ps : don't look at it as an Ac generator and you will figure it out
So are you telling us you think you built a smaller version of a large Hadron collider and we should believe and respect you accordingly? :confused:

I'm laying on my bed petting the cat while typing this so can I claim that to be equivalent as doing a year long mission to the ISS and back now using your rather loose equivalency of significance and value measures? o_O

O no....:banghead: ...... I am sure you understand what I meant.....This is the problem you are looking over the eficiency as an Ac generator you are mising something more important. I will let you identify what it is. In your opinion LHC means wasted money on pipes and magnets, probably they are also paying homage to Rube Goldberg ?

Last edited:
No time to discuss it right now. I have to go to the bathroom so I am going to claim that to be the same as doing a walk on the moon. :p

(You should be able to identify what that is. );)

woow super funny........but it is not the naval yard/oil platform here........you should be more careful with your language

Last edited:
you should be more careful with your language

What language? :confused:

Believe me, if I used my typical oilfield language sets here I would be banned just for the first sentence I posted. :rolleyes:

Methinks you're rather (dangerously) sheltered on multiple levels of life. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back