Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fidget spinner electric Ac generator :) and pulse motor powered with small solar panels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Law of physics' There is no free lunch. OR When you get energy from a moving object (spinning) the object slows down. (stops)
There are many of these youtubes showing a spinner lighting a light bulb or charging a phone but the spinner goes and goes with out energy loss.
Making a AC generator will not charge a phone.

I am certain you can make a generator. But youtube is full of "fake news". I can take a spinner, some phone wire and start my car.

of course it is not free energy... You have wright youtube is full of scam movies, that why we've created all the "small generators" (because we saw a lot of scam movies on internet and we decide to make it real with the help of physics laws....), we do not belive in free energy. We wish to share our ideas, we are not scamers.

Materials used:

1. fidget spinner
2 coil without core syncronous 230 V motor A4 laminator / microwaves
3 led
4 3 neodymium magnets

thx st

Last edited:
this is a new project ideea " charging a phone using a fidget spinner"..... Ac in dc and an old smartphone ( I will not use my phone for sure for this project :)))

st

this is a new project ideea " charging a phone using a fidget spinner"..... Ac in dc and an old smartphone ( I will not use my phone for sure for this project :)))

Make sure you remove the battery from the phone, as it will discharge the battery faster than a fidget spinner will charge it.

Be prepared to sit there flicking the spinner for a number of days as well.

It takes VERY little energy to light an LED - and there are far more efficient ways to generate electricity from human mechanical input - a practical example (used throughout the world) would be a bicycle driven generator.

I will use different setups for the future project but the same fidget spinner. I will respect all the laws of course.

we succeded with the first one and we
we hope to succed with this one also ( the reverse.)...
st

Last edited:
Make sure you remove the battery from the phone, as it will discharge the battery faster than a fidget spinner will charge it.

Be prepared to sit there flicking the spinner for a number of days as well.

It takes VERY little energy to light an LED - and there are far more efficient ways to generate electricity from human mechanical input - a practical example (used throughout the world) would be a bicycle driven generator.
one thing is for sure probably I will have to spinn 18 hours for a complete
charging ;))) 1600 mAh I will hire an asistent ;)

one thing is for sure probably I will have to spinn 18 hours for a complete
charging ;))) 1600 mAh I will hire an asistent ;)

And right there shows the folly of human powered anything. The recharge times for even basic items is way beyond realistic for most anyone to deal with.

Olympic cyclist gets wiped out making 1 slice of lightly toasted bread with a bicycle generator. ~one minute at ~ 700 watts output or ~ 12 watts of power. Just enough to charge a cell phone.

Guessing a fidget spinner generator would take well over 24 hours to charge phone provided that it could even break the minimal power requirement levels to even start and maintain the actual charging process which I doubt being most phones need at least a stable 5 volt .5 - 1 amp source to work which is way beyond what finger power can produce steady.

Ehh this type of stuff only (for what I can remember) reminds me of a Timer that made a table top (2X2foot) magnet generator that had quite a lot of ring gears and spinning magnets, large and small rare earth types filed down with a soap stone cutter disc. The thing would need to be adjusted as the ring and disc that the magnets were glued to to spin correctly (small rings riding a gear on the outer ring with the large magnets countering the inner), would run a 45W bulb dimly (just -with minor flickering). The thing was noisy, had a disc type brake to scrub to slow it from over spinning and falling out of rotation with the inner ring against the outer needing manual adjustment occasionally. Years ago, tho when he passed, his wonderful kids sought to make some money off of his possessions seeing as he was a tin smith, with quite a bit of brass and copper material and tools to sell off. The generator was of course destroyed as a result as well as some other appealing art work. So that's the typical methods of most society now days to profit from appeal and convenience, caution as all ways in this close to "free energy" territory.

And right there shows the folly of human powered anything. The recharge times for even basic items is way beyond realistic for most anyone to deal with.

Olympic cyclist gets wiped out making 1 slice of lightly toasted bread with a bicycle generator. ~one minute at ~ 700 watts output or ~ 12 watts of power. Just enough to charge a cell phone.

Guessing a fidget spinner generator would take well over 24 hours to charge phone provided that it could even break the minimal power requirement levels to even start and maintain the actual charging process which I doubt being most phones need at least a stable 5 volt .5 - 1 amp source to work which is way beyond what finger power can produce steady.

So new things have been discovered in the history of mankind from simple things......

Well it's a nice demo anyway, and if it gets kids interested in science and physics and electronics and wondering how things work, then more power to them!

What I'm trying to say Nigel, is that, using a neodymium sphere as a rotor for example 13 mm diameter on the same coil iron- less ( stator), the coil provides a "total capture "of the magnetic flux generated by the sphere.....
I mention that in the movies I used the same coil
you can consider me a child if you wish but this is an educational generator which will help teachers to explain better how electricity is created and it may be something more important...... (but it will transform in a off topic discussion)
thx
st

Last edited:
you can consider me a child if you wish but this is an educational generator which will help teachers to explain better how electricity is created and it may be something more important...... (but it will transform in a off topic discussion)

But there are already far superior way to explain and demonstrate how electricity is generated. Hence the overwhelming view that your approach is that of a child who knows very little about electrical power generation and related technical concepts.

It may be the most fascinating thing in the world to you, but to others more educated and experienced with the principals, it's not much to look at and even sort of a step backward in some ways.

My old friend TCM tech, I know there are a lot of ways to do this but when you are working with kids you have to combine toys with science to get a little atention. For me the most fascinating thing in the world is (W7X) stellarator (I am Angela's fan), I don't know which is it for you.
thx st

Last edited:
The guy on the next hill along from us, has just put a tiny hydro generator at the bottom of his drive. like ours its around 1/4 mile long and a good steady gradient, he has a 4" pipe running from the brook into the pipe and down the drive. It then goes into a turbo like thing and turns this small motor. To be honest its pretty neat and kicks out around 300W of power. Not bad for free water, but then we dont count the £400 he spent on pipe and fitting, £75 for the turbo thing, £650 for the armored cable back upto the house. £200 for the guy with digger to lay the pipe.

And we dont mention he wasnt allowed to connect it to the grid, but like i say its pretty cool. And in several generations time it will pay back its costs...........

And we dont mention he wasnt allowed to connect it to the grid, but like i say its pretty cool. And in several generations time it will pay back its costs...........

Sounds like my lifetime of wind power experimenting.:D

Thousands of dollars spent and 10's of dollars of electricity generated for it. :facepalm:

That's why I consider a educational hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back