Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FET question

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeskier89

Hello there,

I was looking through the datasheet for the DS2764 Li+ Battery Monitor IC and I was looking at the application example (page 8), and I had a question about the two FETs on the top of the schematic. I am not quite familiar those symbols for fets. Is that a P-Channel MOSFET on the left and an N-Channel on the right? If so wouldn't this work for the two FETs (https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2006/10/FD2FFDS4897C.pdf)

Thanks!
Brandon

freeskier89 said:
Hello there,

I was looking through the datasheet for the DS2764 Li+ Battery Monitor IC and I was looking at the application example (page 8), and I had a question about the two FETs on the top of the schematic. I am not quite familiar those symbols for fets. Is that a P-Channel MOSFET on the left and an N-Channel on the right? If so wouldn't this work for the two FETs (https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2006/10/FD2FFDS4897C-1.pdf)

Thanks!
Brandon

maybe you should link the datasheet of the monitor IC....

They are both p-channels. The bubble on the gate is one way of denoting p-channel. Two series transistors are used to block the path through the substrate diode, which would otherwise exist if only one tranny were used.

@Analog: Sorry about that. I thought it was obvious where one could find it (alldatasheet.com)

@Ron H: Thanks a ton! That is exactly what I was looking for. I was curious to why there wasn't just one FET, but now I know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back