Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ferrofluid Equalizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

janome

Alright, so I just saw this video on youtuebs about liquid that responds to magnetic fields.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX6clRC21vo&feature=related

An idea sprung up in my head of how cool it would be to have a globe or plate of this crap responding to sound, similar to an equalizer on a computer.

The basic construct I am coming up with so far is an input microfone connected to some logic of some sort to differentiate volume and frequency, and then have the different sets of frequencies and their respective volumes control the strength/size of their respective magnets, below the bowl of ferrofluid. The end result would be an ambient equalizer thats made out of freaking liquid metal ;).

I have about a year and a half of knowledge in circuitry and the like, and was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction. Once its done, i'll organize a howto and post it up ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back