Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ferrites / changing sizes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

killivolt

So, here is the one that I know works in a circuit, but I'm going to have to add another winding, and I know it won't fit with the 22gauge wire I have.

Datasheet.
**broken link removed**

But, I thought maybe I could increase the size and it would help to get it rapped, but I don't know how to calculate for the increased size, the characteristics are different enough, that I'm not willing to guess.

Can anyone help me find the correct replacement?

Datasheet on a possible replacement that I found.

**broken link removed**

Thanks for any help, in advance.

Regards,
kv

The Ae is larger with the bigger core. This will reduce the flux in the core. If you keep the number of turns the same the core heat will be lower. OR You could reduce the turns a little and keep the same flux density. (and saturation point)

Hope this helps. I can say it another way it that will help.

The Ae is larger with the bigger core. This will reduce the flux in the core. If you keep the number of turns the same the core heat will be lower. OR You could reduce the turns a little and keep the same flux density. (and saturation point)

Hope this helps. I can say it another way it that will help.

Thanks, Ron.

kv

So, if I go with a 24g = 28.616mm total 4 conductors and 14 turns, instead of 22g = 36.008mm, I may be able to get rapped on a core with an ID = 26.2mm Here's the data sheet... **broken link removed**

The OD shouldn't be any problem, it's the ID.

Any thoughts?

kv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back