Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ferrite core substitution question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokeycmos

im putting together a circuit that calls for a hand wound transformer. information about the circuit can be found here:

https://www.maximintegrated.com/app-notes/index.mvp/id/1923

the core it recommends has a high permeability of 10,000 and an Al of 4080(according to the datasheet). i ordered a free sample of the core it suggests, but it is WAY to small to fit that many turns on it. now i dont have any way to measure permeability, but i do have a couple cores that i experimentally found the AL for, 18,600AL and 6,600AL. i am wondering if i can substitute these for the one it calls for?

Don't know for sure, but you might try the 6,600AL core to start. It may be close enough to work OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back