Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ferrite bead and microstrip line

Status
Not open for further replies.

wishbhonez

hey,

how to make my own type 43 ferrite bead and 50 ohm microstrip line?! please help, beacause i cant find any of these in our place, i found some on the net but they are too costly.

tnx

If you know the dimensions you can make one using the tonner transfer method on PCB material?

what is tonner transfer method? is this for the ferrite bead or the microstrip line?! i think there are no dimensions given in my project, only type 42 ferrite bead and 50 ohm microstrip line..

It's the same way most guys home make their own electronics boards. You should be able to make a micro strip antenna that way, calculating the values and sizes you'd need for a particular impedance might be a little tricky but it's the only way to do it without paying a bundle for one.

A microstrip is more than two conductive layers with an insulator inbetween. You could probably make a rough equivilant with a thin double sided copper clad board, you use toner transfer from a laser printer to provide an etching mask and then you remove the extra material. Since micro strips aren't complex devices you could probably just use tape to make the mask. The hard part is understanding the mathmatics and actual construction of the antenna itself.

I though microstrip line was developed as a transmission line rather than an aerial for actually radiating the signal.

What characteristic impedance you you require?

You need to know the dielectric permeability of the board, then it's easy to work out the value of inductance you require, from that you can figure out the dimensions for the track.

Ferrite beads?

What are you talking about?

These are very cheap and can be easily purchased from a decent electronic component supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back