Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Female Pin Header

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Im looking to buy Female Pin Headers "SQUARE" Ive looked on many sites and nothing maybe its because its so hard to find when there are so many categories to look through and they dont have model numbers from what i know. So if anyone can link me to a online store VIA model number or straight link i would be great full. Also if the store has bulk i would love that!

Im looking to buy Female Pin Headers "SQUARE" Ive looked on many sites and nothing maybe its because its so hard to find when there are so many categories to look through and they dont have model numbers from what i know. So if anyone can link me to a online store VIA model number or straight link i would be great full. Also if the store has bulk i would love that!

hi atom,
Is the pcb mounted 01.inch pitch Molex female connector.?
Any of these.?

**broken link removed**

Interconnect Headers, Jumpers & Connectors - Page 2

If you want them bulk/cheap try futurlec.
Headers

Not sure but I think the plastic on these is not as good as it could
be. Pins move easier and maybe a lower melting point. In the case
of the pins being easy to move this can be a good thing if you want
to move the plastic to the end of the pins.

IHO the are good enough for most work.

EDIT: With some parts you can find economy versions of the part from a main stream company at a similar price and at times better quality then futurlec parts. I have not looked regarding these headers.

Last edited:
Yes its .1" aka 2.54mm futurlec was a last choice since it takes 2-3 weeks for delivery.

Toby Electronics seems promising but more expensive than futurlec. I like this from there:
**broken link removed**

Look like what i need is "40 Pin .100" Straight Female Headers" from futurlec. Since i have a dremel i can cut them nicely into any amount i need. And they are $0.45 If you can find em cheaper i need to know lol Im not cheap... its that im not rich :)

I cut the sockets with a nipper and cleanup the ends with a bit of 200 grit sand paper.

At one time I did not like Futurlec. Now I use them to stock the parts bins. If I need a part for a project on the bench I use Mouser where I get the parts the next day or the day after.

Like a lot of people I have too many parts for projects that never got off the ground. These days I do not order the parts till I have the schematic and PCB layout ready to go.

EDIT: Not sure if you noticed Toby Electronics is not in the US, prices are not US $.

Last edited:
I've taken to ordering these connectors in bulk form china, via ebay. Pretty good shipping times, and a hell of a lot cheaper than most places.

**broken link removed**

I was thinking about those but the single row. The issue is time it takes to come in also but ill do some calculations and see what i come up with.

And i need only or mostly female headers. But since it comes out cheaper with the male headers .

Futurlec - 25x Female headers is $11.25 & s/h
SureElectronics - Single-Row Square 50 pcs Male And 25 pcs Female Pin Headers is $6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back