Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Feel like i'm too slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainman1

I noticed that it takes me a lot of time to execute tasks.
For example, i spent half a day for designing a serial RLC/RC (needed to choose) circuit which had 3 conditions - low R, 1.8Arms current in circuit, 235Vrms voltage source.
I'm faster in measuring characteristics of a circuit, but much slower in designing one.

Do you have any tips for me?

Thanks.

Yes, design 100 circuits, of similar type.

In all seriousness, I have professor who always tells us if you want to become more efficient at solving certain problems, whether conceptual or direct, solve them a hundred times.:D

I'm just a newbie, but designing is ALWAYS more complicated than simply measuring characteristics.

Ya, I haven't been doing this for a while and it's taking me much longer to accomplish things than it used to. It's just like anything, experience makes it all look easy to do.

For example, i spent half a day for designing a serial RLC/RC (needed to choose) circuit which had 3 conditions - low R, 1.8Arms current in circuit, 235Vrms voltage source.
I'm faster in measuring characteristics of a circuit, but much slower in designing one.

Thanks.

Design is a creative process, and creative processes take whatever time they need - you can't force it. What you can do is make sure that you know all your fundamentals cold. That way you don't waste time on mundane things. Faster is always better, but creativity and getting it right is even more important. In the real world, you generally have more time to design than in school. Trust me, if you can do a design in half a day, and get it right with no issues popping up later, your boss will be very happy with you.

I've been designing for years and I still think I am way too slow. Slow isn't so bad compared to getting it wrong. If you are slow but you get it right, that's ok.

Last edited:
Hi,

In the morning i cant even drink my coffee too fast :)
Well ok, maybe sometimes :)

Just smoke a Drew Estate Java.

Thanks.
Well with a forum name like RAIN MAN, it's no wonder why you are the way you claim to be!! ;)

YouTube - Rain Man Official Trailer

Charlie: I'm going to see you in 2 weeks now how many days is that before we'll be together?
Raymond: 14 days from today, today's Wednesday.
Charlie: Hours?
Raymond: 336 hours.
Charlie: Mystifying
Raymond: Course that's 20,160 minutes. 1,290,600, six hundred seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back