Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

feedback doublt

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamashii

I have a question concerning feedback circuits. Usually, for analyzing the circuit, we want to get all load effects inside the basic amplifier network (thus, reaching the 'ideal' case where there are no impedances in the circuit but inside the basic amplifier); but is it always necessary to put the source and load resistances inside it or can we leave them out?

You need to include all parts that affect the gain or phase. If the source impedance is low enuf relative to the input impedance of the amp, it could be neglected. Likewise, if the load impedance is high relative to the output impedance of the amp, it could be neglected.

I assume those approximations are only for the series-shunt configuration, but what I meant was, can we leave them out to analyze the feedback loop, and then include them next to the feedback equivalent circuit?

just to isolate the two-port network, so that it could work for any load and source recistance we attached to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back