Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

favorite pic or micro related blogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostman11

i was trawling the net just looking for nothing in particular one day and came accross this blog http://www.ermicro.com/blog/?p=771, as luck would have it i am doing some servo stuff at present and found it a nice tutorial,
so out of interest what are your favorite blogs out there?

I hate blogs, as many of them have only a tiny bit of info on the page and tons of ads and stuff, so you have to keep reloading page after page just to read a few paragraphs.

But if you are after some cool people's websites to browse through, try this one;
**broken link removed**
He's got some very nice "eye candy" projects ranging from electronics to robots to CNC machining... :D

:eek: wow RB i couldnt belive all that cnc tooling!!! myself and a couple of friends clubbed together recently and brought a A3 cnc mill, the cost of tooling shocked us, so to see mountains of it was a shock :D, realy nice site tho plenty to browse :D:D
i take your point about blogs wich is kind of why i was hopeing for links to recomended ones that people like, endless trawling the net mainly throws up rubish but there is the odd good site and blog

Yeah that tooling is impressive! If I was to hazard a guess he might have $50k to $80k invested in tooling alone... :eek:

But some people go and blow their wage on a $50k car so it's juts different priorities I guess. Personally I would choose the investment in tooling over the shiny car (which can't make anything and will be worth almost nothing in a few years). :D

i am with you on that 100%! better to buy the tools to make as many shiny cars as you like than go buy a single shiny car!! :D the hard bit is convinceing the wife :( i gave up smokeing not so long back but i save the money i was spending on cigs (exspensive here in uk) and use that money to buy stuff for the workshop, much better use of the hard earned :D:D

But if you are after some cool people's websites to browse through, try this one;
**broken link removed**
He's got some very nice "eye candy" projects ranging from electronics to robots to CNC machining... :D

It is a joy to see things with such beauty, and people with such devotion. Thank you for the link.

Mr RB said:
Personally I would choose the investment in tooling over the shiny car (which can't make anything and will be worth almost nothing in a few years

Absolutely! Thought I don't have THAT kind of investment -- more like 3k-5k. Still, I'd rather buy toys to play with than commodies to get around in. People laugh at my old, broken down transportation, but if they could only see what I keep in my garage......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back