Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Faulty Fisher & Paykel Washer - WL70T60C

Status
Not open for further replies.

OurGeorge

Greetings from the Gold Coast, Australia,

I have a WL70T60C F&P washer with error 49 displayed.

It has a 421232NAP Motor Controller with a 42085S pcb.
I have replaced a burnt-out TNY266 AC-DC Converter chip, also a 1.6A soldered-in fuse.

My board has two (2) SMD shunt resistors (close to the 250v 270uF electrolytics - see pic for where they were) that have burnt out.
As a consequence I cannot read their values.
Could anyone please assist with the shunt values?

Thank you

F&P 42085 pcb.jpg

What about this mess? That looks like the copper vaporized with authority!

BC278684-118F-4452-B222-2F64D613B2C0.jpeg

Hi Gophert,

No, that's ok. It's just the sealant they squirt on various components.
All is ok with that device.

My guess is if these resistors burnt the problem is much bigger, shorted mosfets, diodes and/or driver ic's.

If all else fails I have read the F&P motors are excellent for DIY wind/water turbines :)

Hi Fourtytwo,

I have checked the mosfets & electro caps, but can go no further until I get the values for those parallel shunts.
Without a circuit diagram, I don't want to just keep removing components hoping to find a faulty one until I, at least, can replace those shunts.

Just the values of those shunts would be of great assistance.

Cheers

Attached is a picture showing the value of the shunt resistors you are after. By the way, my washing machine has the same error code 49 as well. I visually checked the TNY266 converter that you mentioned in your initial post and it appears to be pretty good, having no burn mark as shown in the picture. Do you remember how the part on your book looked like when you replaced it?

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG20210403131912.jpg
    IMG20210403131912.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 223
  • IMG20210403155838.jpg
    IMG20210403155838.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 251
Looks like Gophert was right. In the later pictures it shows a component in the "evacuated" area!!

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back