Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fault on LCD Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregory

I have a 17" HP 1530 LCD monitor .
The monitor turns on but there is only a white screan when powered up and connected to my computer .
Can you advise me where to start looking for the fault.
Greg

Thank you for that link .
I went to the link and the repair was to replace Pico Fuse which I could not find but found a link wire in place of the fuse and 5 Electrolytic Caps 400uf 25V wich I replaced but the same problem exists. Conected to my PC the power is on and the back light stayes on being a white display all the time, till I turn the power off at the monitor.
Can some one help me with this repair.
Greg

Last edited:
Gregory said:
Thank you for that link .
I went to the link and the repair was to replace Pico Fuse which I could not find but found a link wire in place of the fuse and 5 Electrolytic Caps 400uf 25V which I replaced but the same problem exists. Connected to my PC the power is on and the back light stays on being a white display all the time, till I turn the power off at the monitor.
Can some one help me with this repair.
Greg
Perhaps there would be a chip to interface the signals of 15 pin VGA connector. this might be effected. However, no point in handling it without any literature specific to the model. How ever, please see whether the contrast level has been tampered and tr y to keep it at mid range somewhere.-- a poor contrast may also appear as a white screen with no signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back