Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fast charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

drom

hi everyone,
does any one have a fast charging circuit that can charge a sealed lead battery 12volts-100ah or higer .i need something that can charge the battery up in an hour or less.please recommend any circuit i will be very greatful

something that can charge the battery up in an hour or less

There is No Such thing, at least not a Practical One.

Charging a car battery at a voltage Greater than about 14.5 volts will damage the battery, mostly because of Heat.

Initally applying 14.5 volts will give a High Current Charge to a dead battery, But as the battery voltage rises the Current is Reduced automatically.

In most cases the Final charging to a Peak charge can take a Day or more.

if so does any one have any circuit of thatb sort at all or a link to a web site.i need a circuit with good explanation

Hiya Drom,
From the size of the battery and your location I'm guessing you want that battery for remote power :?: If so then a wind generator would suit your needs provided you had a good location for wind harvesting. Check out otherpower.com as they have some good idea's and it's not too technical either.

Cheers Bryan :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back