Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fan regulator + arduino

Status
Not open for further replies.

gomal

I want to do home automation project using arduino that can be control using mobile phone.

you can see the regulator fan (refer picture 1) has 6 speeds, which are 0 to 5. In picture 2, there are 6 six wires that connected to each regulator fan speed (i assumed). Is it possible for me connect all those 6 wires to arduino or other accessories that so that i can take control of those speeds using arduino. Note that, i dont have any wiring knowledge because playing with this live wire obviously dangerous. please help me.
WhatsApp Image 2019-02-26 at 3.31.43 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-02-26 at 3.32.02 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-02-26 at 3.31.43 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-02-26 at 3.32.02 PM.jpeg

I would leave well alone. Start with something simpler - an RGB led that you can control and then extend that. Working with mains when inexperienced is not recommended.

Mike.

Agree with Pommie, thats not only a dangerous project but also that control would be hard to diy automate.

Perhaps buying an new wall unit that controlled by its own mobile App is a better option.

For other similar Mobile projects you can use your own mobile with App Inventor to an Arduino using a Bluetooth module or SMS.
https://appinventor.mit.edu/explore/

Plenty of examples on Ytube etc

It is possible, using relays to isolate the high voltage and low voltage sides of the system.
(A relay tree, one pole change over > two pole change over > four pole change over; one-of-eight output selected by three relay control signals).

However it is still dangerous and not really a good starting project.
Without a schematic for the fan controller, a wrong guess re. how it works could destroy that also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back