Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fan Heater get smoked, but working

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmurfCro

I have Vivax little electric fan heater.

I changed the termal fuse. When I turned on the heater, it started to smoke!

By the way, if wires same colors, I always mark them with something!

To try solve problem, my brother assumed that I had twisted wrong two red wires, and went to switch them, and now the heater is working normally! But I am not.

So, because I marked two red wires before, It is not possible that I mistake, because you can see in the picture (if you Zoom it) the white "letters" on one jack are on the left, and now, after brother switched wires,
they are on the right (but original was on the left!).

Note, I didn't unplug the other wires, just those two red and one blue wire.

So, my questions are:
Is that two red wires have anything to do if they are replaced wrong?

Is it possible that the smoke was for some other reason, eg if one wire was disconnected? (because at one point we run heater without a blue wire — it accidentally disconnected)!

Now the heater is working normally, but I'm afraid to leave it like that because the red ones are still not in their place, as in the beginning (although it works well).

I hope you understand me.
I can show more pictures or data if you need.

20211120_203154.jpg

Attachments

• 20211120_120853.jpg
    20211120_120853.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 178
  • 20211118_132822.jpg
    20211118_132822.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 173
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back