Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fan controlled by Air flow switch or Temp Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

sllimbri

I am interested in turning on a small fan as a booster to an oven cooling system. I want to control the fan on/off with either an air flow switch or a temperature switch. The oven has a cooling fan already. It also has a flap that opens when the oven starts to cool. The oven fan blows hot air out thru one opening to cool the oven. It also draws cool room air in thru another flap. Then the flaps close.

I would like to add a fan at the inlet of this flap to cool the oven even faster. I only want my booster fan to run when the oven flap is open and the oven is cooling down. My first idea was to turn the fan on by detecting air flow out the oven flap. Or i could also use the hot oven air and a temp switch to turn the fan on and off.

Any ideas for switches for either idea? I will need to make about ten of these.

Hi,

to make an air flow controlled switch there are some cheap and effective ways.

You could either use a lever moving in the air stream and attach a mercury switch to it or use a microswitch (salvaged from a worn out PC-mouse) which is touched by the lever.

See attachment.

Attachments

• air-op-sw.gif
    air-op-sw.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 269
Unless I'm missing something, why not just parallel your boost fan off the power to the existing fan. From your description they would be running at the same time.

Ken

Fan power

I don't want to run the booster fan all the time. The main fan does. The other thing i was thinking was to tap into the flap power because they open when the oven needs to cool. However, the flaps are run by a stepper motor and I'm don't think I'll be able to use that power source.
Thanks.

Any schematics for the flap control?

Ken

Stepper control

There are 6 wires to the stepper motor. It would be great if i could power a dc fan from there. The fan should only turn on when the stepper opens the flaps, then turn off when they close. Is this possible at all? The wire decriptions are in the attached doc.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Doc1.doc
    33 KB · Views: 219
No.

What controls the stepper motor...and what controls that? That's the schematic/wiring-diadram I was hoping for.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back