Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fake gender changer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HYKOP

What is useful a DB9 converter (gender changer) Male to Female connected pin to pin? :confused: I miss something? :confused: Is it a 0,2 inch extension???? is it a scam component?

What is useful a DB9 converter (gender changer) Male to Female connected pin to pin? :confused: I miss something? :confused: Is it a 0,2 inch extension???? is it a scam component?

hi,
Consider the PC has a 9W chassis mounted female [socket] and your peripheral has a 9W female cable socket, them you need a gender bender..:rolleyes:

Or Vice versa.:)

if the cable is connected and disconnected often, by a group of students for example, a cable permanently attached to an expensive device might see damage in the form of bent and broken pins. Adding a straight-through adapter to the end of the cable allows the students to destroy a "cheap part" instead.

No it is useful.

justDIY you're basically telling that is only for this ........ oh my god how sad.... thanks for the confirmation

If you've ever had to play the cable games, you'd understand just how important little things like that are.

justDIY you're basically telling that is only for this ........ oh my god how sad.... thanks for the confirmation

Hi,
I misread your post and screwd up.:eek:

Are you sure that pin2 goes to pin2, etc all thru the bender.?

I did have some male to female 9Wdee benders, where I crossed pin 2 and pin 3 [TXD/RXD] also the CTS and other pins were crossed over.

This was used to connect two connectors and swap over the pin sense.

They're actually quite useful. In my previous job we had 3 test boards that were used to test every machine built. Each test board cost about $500 and could only be used about 10,000 times as that was about average for how many times the connector could be connected and disconnected. By using these $2 parts, we increased the uses by a factor of 10,000. Now the boards could be used 100,000,000 times (theoretically).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back