Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fading / Pulsing a led strip about 20 individual leds using analog / non UC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieH

Hi can some one please help me light up about 20 leds on a led strip lighting please. I know how do use a 555 timer to illuminate 1x 5mm bright led, but I want 2 use about a foot long strip led 12v, like u use in kitchens.

Some have suggested PWM but i don't know how to setup. I was hoping for an analog circuit diagram ready 2 go, tried & tested that works please.

Thank you
ErnieH

Most 12V LED strips use three LEDs in series and with a series resistor. Then you will have 21 LEDs.
Each group of three LEDs use 20mA so seven of them use 140mA which a 555 can provide.

The output of a 555 is a squarewave which can simply blink all LEDs on and off at the same time. Then they will be pulsing. The datasheet of a 555 shows the simple oscillator circuit that will do it.

For fading then the weak signal at the capacitor of the 555 circuit can be used. Then a Darlington transistor follower must take the weak fading signal and strengthen it so it can drive all the LEDs. I have schematics of fading LEDs that use a dual opamp and a transistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back