Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

external oscillators

Status
Not open for further replies.

amr_karimm

hi ,
i ask befor to feeding asmart card with oscllation clock by only on pin (xtal1) for at90s8515 i asked for have the clock from the pic which i use it to read the card
i want to know if i connect the pin of card with (xtal1) or (xtal2) of hte pic
thanks

amr_karimm said:
hi ,
i ask befor to feeding asmart card with oscllation clock by only on pin (xtal1) for at90s8515 i asked for have the clock from the pic which i use it to read the card
i want to know if i connect the pin of card with (xtal1) or (xtal2) of hte pic
thanks

The PIC pins are clearly labelled on the data sheet, for example pin 15 of a 16F628 is labelled RA6/OSC2/CLKOUT, whereas pin 14 is labelled RA7/OSC1/CLKIN - so to feed the PIC oscillator to another device you would use CLKOUT. Bear in mind though that any heavy load will stop the oscillator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back