Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

External Headset for Telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim_l_012

Hi All,

I was going to try this out before I released my idea, but I have been reading a bit about and think it's probably better to share my idea and be told the best way to do it, rather than blow something up.

What I want to do, is hook a microphone and a small speaker up to the handset output of my home telephone. It has 4 wires, [black, red, green, yellow], which I would hook 2 up to a microphone, and the other 2 up to the speaker, and hopefully I that would work, and eventually I would purchase one of those spiffy looking computer headsets, which I could adapt the plug to the standard RJ11 plug for my phone.

Now I've been reading a little bit, and I'm still unsure whether an 8ohm speaker is sufficient, on one hand I have a website which looks like the guy knows exactly what he is talking about (http://www.hut.fi/Misc/Electronics/circuits/teleinterface.html) telling me 32-64 ohm speaker, and on the other hand, (**broken link removed**) HowStuffWorks.com telling me that its generally an 8ohm speaker of some kind.

If someone has ever attempted this sort of project before I would love to hear from you, otherwise if you have any other suggestions or warnings, please shout out.

Thanks in advance, :)

Tim.

First open the handset to check the proper wiring.Most of phone types(e.g.Panasonic) contains mic. amplifier in handset, in this case must rebuild it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back