Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

External data storage for PIC18F4550?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverWingz

Been fiddling with pic's for a couple of months now and getting just a little bit comfortable.

I was wondering if there was some easy way to rig up some external memory to the pic so i can store and retrieve acquired data?

was hoping to get my hands dirty with a data acquisition project,but the provided 256bytes just doesn't cut it!

I was also looking at older posts where many strongly stated that it was a tough job?

Any suggestions?Any suggestion as to where i should start looking?

havnt looked in2 i2c yet,but i'm going to right away,thanks!
will repost once i start running into walls :p

thanks again!

and um...just wondering...is there any way to do the same using micro sd cards?would they be really tough to interface?

i'm hardly half a dozen steps past the beginner stage,hehe

as for why i need it...intending to build a data acquisition system for a solar charging system,voltage,current and ambient temp(it affects the panels efficiency).
probably take samples every 5 minutes,12 hours a day and im hoping not to have to go and take out the data in any time less that a month.

if i can get an sd card interfaced,that'd leave me happy for a long while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back