Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

External brown-out reset circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlipFlops

I'm trying to use a PIC16LF87 at 3.3 volts, but the internal brown-out reset circuitry only works down to ~4 volts. I'm having major eeprom corruption problems since the pcb has a hard on/off switch which totally cuts power to the circuit.

Is there a simple solution for an external brown-out reset circuit? Perhaps an IC that I can drop right onto the board?

FlipFlops said:
I'm trying to use a PIC16LF87 at 3.3 volts, but the internal brown-out reset circuitry only works down to ~4 volts. I'm having major eeprom corruption problems since the pcb has a hard on/off switch which totally cuts power to the circuit.

Is there a simple solution for an external brown-out reset circuit? Perhaps an IC that I can drop right onto the board?

Most PIC datasheets give examples of external brown-out circuits, have you tried those?.

Yes, I've seen them. I'm hoping there is a single component IC available that can handle it, since the board has already been routed and prototyped, and there isn't much space.

Thanks though!

FlipFlops said:
Yes, I've seen them. I'm hoping there is a single component IC available that can handle it, since the board has already been routed and prototyped, and there isn't much space.

Brown-out IC's usually require at least one resistor and one capacitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back