Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

extending wires to a relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonW

Dear Friends,

Recently a timer has broken down on my Ravenheat boiler, the plumber has quoted me £70 to repair the thing!!

After opening the timer up I found a relay on its side with spade male type connectors directly soldered to the relay.
After having no luck finding an exact replacement in terms of dimensions, I have decided to use one of equal power rating.

My question is the finder relay is rated at 250v @ 16A, what kind of cable should I use to extened the relay contacts so they meet the spade connectors?

(I am thinking since the actual pins on the relay are only 5mm wide, bog standard UK mains flex rated at 13A will suffice?)

Last edited:
it's true

Every time the timer comes on there is sudden click from the timer module, lately it requires a smack before the click happens and the boiler starts to work.

Checked no dry joints

By the way Ravenheat boilers electronic boards are very expensive to replace, compared to the other manufacturers

Last edited:
Try testing the relay first.

If it isn't broken then it shouldn't be hard to fit a new one. Look at the thickness of tracks on the PCB, I imagine it prbably isn't being use to control 16A; mains cable should do the job.

You didn't mention the specs of the relay you're replacing, or the drive requirements, could you provide some pictures? You're really asking for peoples advice without provideing enough information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back