Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Extending a 0.4mm pitch connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinny

I'm considering getting an android tablet to use as a car PC, and I'd love to relocate its camera to the bumper so it can record track days. So, what's the electronics angle? Well, I'd need to extend a 0.4mm pitch connector by a foot or six!

This is the rear camera on a Samsung Galaxy Tab (assuming I can hotlink the photo):
(Taken from https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-Teardown/4103/2)

**broken link removed**

Anyone got an idea where I could buy some form of extension? Or some way I could make one?

Depending on the camera characteristics merely adding an extension cable may or may not work. The added cable inductance/capacitance could adversely affect image quality or even prevent operation. I guess you won't know until you try, though. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back