Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Explanation on Ultra-Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwaleed

Hello there,

i am doing a Paper called Negotiated Studies. My topic of study will be on Ultra-Capacitors. my question is, what topics included in ultra-cap technology i need to provide and what points i should write and talk about? my second question, is there any basic experiments i can i can do and what results ill be looking at?

Thank you Waleed

I know about super-capacitors but I never heard about ultra-capacitors so I asked Google. Google provided a link to Wikipedia that says a super-capacitor is sometimes called an ultra-capacitor. This detailed description of a super-capacitor will answer your question. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercapacitor

A basic experiment would be to charge a super-capacitor and time how long it can power a little light or run a little motor.

Supercaps are often used as a replacement for batteries, so I would compare the benefits of using batteries over using supercaps. I am no expert, from what I understand, supercaps have a much lower output resistance so can therefore provide much higher currents compared with batteries. They can also be charged either positive or negative (please check this though). I believe they are better at low temperatures (below zero) whereas some chemistries of battery don't like getting too cold

A comparison with batteries from the chemistry side and the user case viewpoint would be a good place to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back