Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Explanation of inverter circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy257

Hi Guys

If anyone is able to explain the following inverter circuit in detail i would be very greatful. I know it is explained in part on the site it came from but it does not go into as much detail as i would like.

Any extra info is welcome.

The main points i would like answer are:

how is the frequency chosen in the circuit?
what is the purpose of c1, c2, r1, r2, r3 ,r4, D1 and D2.
Where does the timing and pulse come from to generate a square wave input?

lastly i am going to adapt this circuit to make an inverter suitable to power a 28" colour tv. I estimate i will need a power rating of 300Watts. This has to be no more than 300W due to the funds available to purchase components.

If anyone can help please can they post. I know alot of info is given on the site this circuit came from and i know it has popped up before in this forum but not enough detail has been given for my purposes.

Thank You
andy

Well, the best way to accomplish what you want would be to purchase a regular inverter as they are much less expensive that what it would take to build one. In any case, the capacitors and resistors for a time constant which controls the frequency of the switching of the transistors. Each transistor does one half of the square wave. The diodes are in place so that when the transistor is switched off the back emf is captured by the diode/resistor combination. The transistors alternate being on and off.

Andy, have a look at this explanation of a transistor flip-flop/astable multivibrator, scroll down to the section about circuit operation, its very similar to the inverter circuit you have.

**broken link removed**

andy257 said:
Hi Guys

If anyone is able to explain the following inverter circuit ... ...

Thank You
andy

Excuse me Andy, but, Could you tell me please what program are you using to draw the circuit attached, I'd like to know also if it is a freeware and from where I can download it???

I know that I take you out of the subject so please accept my excuses.

Thanks in adavnce.

Thank you for the replies everyone.

The circuit is for a college project Crust, thanks for your info too.

Netronn100, thanks thats a good site and your right, the circuit is very similar. THank you again. Kind of what ive been looking for.

Sherif Welsen, i didnt draw the circuit i am afraid. I just copied it from a web site i found it on. Sorry i cant be any more use :(

if anyone else would like to post some comments i would be greatful.

cheers
andy

@Andy, please take a look at this.
Inverter Circuit Diagram
I am sure this will help you. This is 500W inverter circuit which is fairly simple. this involves dangerous electric current high enough to kill some one. So take all the security precautions before building this.

Nice, but about 5 years to late! :D

Hi andy,

you might get some ideas off this control circuit of a 500VA inverter.

It can be pushed to 800VA using more MosFet transistors (all n-channel).

If you are interested in building the entire inverter I'll pass you the entire article (7 pages).

Boncuk

Attachments

• Wechselrichter.doc
    102 KB · Views: 337
It has a rectangular "modified square-wave" output, not a pure sine-wave output.
I don't know if its output voltage is regulated.
I don't know if it shuts down when its battery gets too low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back