Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Execution function

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashford

hey,
I've got a quick question, on linux how do you execute a program from another program(as in what calls do you need to make). I'm kind of new to linux programming so i don't yet know, and please, don't refer me to a tutorial I just want to know this for something I'm doing.
Thanks in advance

Depends on a few things, like what language you're using, what you're doing, what information you need back from the program you're executing, and so on. In C, for instance, you could need exec(), execv(), system(), or something else. You can read the exec() man page here: exec(3): execute file - Linux man page

What have you got against tutorials? You seem quite impatient--which is understandable when starting to learn but is not a good way to learn.

Take a little time to explain what you need to do and someone can give you a better answer. And yes, you might get pointed at a tutorial. Deal with it.

Cheers,

Torben

lol, I don't have anything against tutorials, I'm just reading a lot right now so I can't handle another right now, but thanks anyway, this is what I was looking for.

Awesome. Good luck!

Cheers,

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back