Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Excellent customer support of “SANWA”

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranatungawk

In the early 90’s, for my 11th birth day, a new SANWA analog multi-meter was given me as the birthday gift by my mother. Since then, my favorite brand was Sanwa for electronic measuring equipments. Mainly it caused two reasons: comparatively it’s cheep than well-known US and European brands and also it’s accurate. (I don’t say anything on cheapest Chinese items when I talk on Brands) However, now I’m not directly working in the field of electronic (Now I’m working as network engineer in the field of information technology), but I still do some small experiments and repairing works as my hobby.

I bought Sanwa PC510 multi-meter during my recent visit to Thailand (I’m a Sri lanken). After coming back to my country, when I test the newly bought multi-meter, I found some measuring issues in capacitance measuring range (it showed somewhat different values than the actual values). Further, as a pre-test, I tested the meter with about 20 new capacitors. Finally I found there was a little issue with accuracy of capacitance of large capacitors.

Then I directly opened a support-case with Sanwa for the above matter. After initial mails, one Sales Manager of Sanwa contacted and advised me to meet our local Sanwa agent and get a new replacement for my PC510 from them. Even though I have bought the meter from another country, Sanwa kindly allowed me to get a replacement for it from my country (there was no any international warranty for this too). I just had only to hand over my meter to my local agent and then, my local agent gave me a new PC510a.

Finally, I would like to say that I’m very happy on the “Customer-support service” of Sanwa, and also I have no any hesitation to recommend the brand of “Sanwa” for those who need to buy a good branded multi-meter at an affordable price. :)

Ranatunga W.K

Technical equipment seems to get better support from some manufacturers, I think they get a lot of complaints from consumer goods to be able to provide as good a service, but I might be wrong.

Hi,

I took a quick look too, doesnt look like too bad of a meter really, but then again it's not really too cheap either.

5000 count allows direct measurement of Li-ion cells and still get 1mv resolution,
0.01 ohm resolution which is a big step up from most that are 0.1 ohm,
10uv ac/dc resolution is also a step up from most that are 100uv,
K type probe temperature measurement,
Capacitance,
bargraph,
data hold and relative value (relative value comes in handy),
auto power off,
protective holster.

But as i said this is not your typical low cost meter either.

This thread would have been nice if it was in the "Product Reviews" section of this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back