Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Excel app. to run with own macros in three PCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
In the lack of a more appropriate forum, I am posting here.

Macros in Excel (version 2002 if I read right "About.." in the Help menu).

Just completed an application using VBA in Excel with a user form and a custom toolbar involved. The application, "Frame.xls" was saved with two other names. Those copies were erased thus not available.

Trying to activate any macro raises a warning that the copy with the macros is not found. (One of the erased ones is given!!)

I learnt this morning of .xla but I found no way to assign, once for all the macros in "Frame.xla" to my buttons and control. The 3 options given in the menu they do not allow to even search, much less write, "Frame.xla".

I want this application to be run in two or three more computers with no furthe hassle.

Besides the problem above and thinking ahead, even if a overcome all this: what is the right way to "distribute" my application to those PCs with no further hassle other than enabling macros every time I start Excel?

I don't understand your problem. As far as I'm aware the macros are saved with all copies of the excel sheet.

Mike.

Hola Pommie,

Gracias for replying.

After posting I learnt about Addins so I am somewhat confused. I will try to reproduce the problem that moved me to post.

I do not discard an inadvertent mistake.

Hi again Pommie,

The worst of all this, is that I couldn't reproduce what led me to think I needed an extra something for my macros to follow the application when copied. Briefly: whe opening my original version, most of the macros in there where referenced to a copy that did not exist anymore. Unable to make any forensic investigation (no time) I am moving ahead and just regret how much time I lost.

Only one good thing I can say: learnt about Addins, how to create and manage them and, dare to say, all around them, including how to reference them properly even with multiple worksheets open and multiple Addins available. That is where the Object Manager came handy.

Gracias for replying once more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back