Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Everyone want's a small keyboard for you arduino or Pic and any uC you may be using

Status
Not open for further replies.

be80be

This one is cheap $3.99 you start with A xbox chatpad get a real one. I got mine from the Gamestop
This keyboard has a 16f883 on it which you reflash. That's the hard part not that it's hard to do every thing you fined
on the net is a brokering link. I'll post all you need to make it work.

What you end up with is a keypad that sends out what key is pressed serial at 4800 witch worked out good after finding the lost code to make
the hex with. Or just use the hex. It's all there. In the zip file I'll post how to do this like where to hook up a pickit to program it
so it just sends text out.
On the Xbox it needed code to keep it on the new firmware fixes it to stay on.

I'll post more on how you make this keyboard.
This is the right pin outs and how to hook up the pickit to change the firmware
jean_board.png

I used the plug for my data lines
This really makes a great little keypad, To program the pic chip it's 16f883
you load the hex from the zip below hook the pickit up to the pads on the left as shown don't need PGM
It programs better if you power it at 5 volts. I tried 3.3 it didn't work
They say this keypad is 3.3 volts but it worked fine on 5 volts I used it on both 5 and 3.3
I'll more then likely be using the 3.3 volt supply.

The pickit3 didn't want to program at all at 3.3 and a popup keep telling me it was 5 volt chip so I tried it it worked
And here we are.

Attachments

• OKPF031.zip
    108.8 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
This one is cheap $3.99 you start with A xbox chatpad get a real one. I got mine from the Gamestop
This keyboard has a 16f883 on it which you reflash.

As I've said many, many time, it's amazing what you find PIC's in - they are very widely used devices.

Nice post - I've got a terrible urge to order one now! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back