Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Everyday Practical Electronics (EPE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lac

Anyone here subscribing to this mag, either hard copy or online version? It looks nice, lots of projects and inspiration and such things, both for the beginner and the more advanced electrician alike. Thinking about placing a subscription, the online version only cost 10$ a year is cheap! But wanted first to see if any of you have read it, and if what did you think about it? it is any good?

Link: http://www.epemag.wimborne.co.uk/

Cheers!
Lac.

i quite enjoy reading it. There is some useful stuff in there.

for $10, try it, if you don't like it, you havn't lost much....

I subscribed to it until recently. I think it is well worth the price of the online subscription.

I've been buying it from my local newsagent until last month, when I took out a subscription. It includes lots of PIC projects, and the code is always free to download - unlike some other magazines I could mention!.

It's actually two magazines that joined together, Practical Electronics and Everyday Electronics - I had been buying Practical Electronics since December 1969 - but stopped when it was joined by Everyday Electronics. I started again when they started publishing PIC projects.

since December 1969

wow thats old school - you should get a medal for long service or something

(i reckon you prob wouldn't have started buying it till after u were 10, which would make you 45. Ok, thats not that old, but never mind, its nearly 3 times my age, which makes you seem old)

grrr_arrghh said:
since December 1969

wow thats old school - you should get a medal for long service or something

(i reckon you prob wouldn't have started buying it till after u were 10, which would make you 45. Ok, thats not that old, but never mind, its nearly 3 times my age, which makes you seem old)

I'll be 49 on the 16th June - you're as old as you feel, sometimes I feel REALLY OLD :lol:

Still, slapping teenagers about makes you feel young again 8)

As for the old magazines, I've only got a few now, I dumped most of them a few years ago - I also had extensive collections of Practical Wireless and Radio Constructor, including quite a few I got off older people - some copies dating back to the 50's.

Hi,

I have got Practical Wireless & Practical Electronics form 1972 and on (some ware). I am still holding on to EPE. Not everything in it is good but I think there is something for everyone. I can recommend it! ! And I don’t feel old yet!:D

Ante :roll:

where does this magazine come from? i have never heard of it before.

p.s. I'm only 14 and i don't feel that young after that ITG that i went to in denver (International Trumpet Guild conference).

Prototypn45 said:
p.s. I'm only 14 and i don't feel that young after that ITG that i went to in denver (International Trumpet Guild conference).
err, what!?!? 'International Trumpet Guild'... I play the trumpet, but i've no idea what that is... I'm intrigued...

grrr_arrghh said:
Prototypn45 said:
err, what!?!? 'International Trumpet Guild'... I play the trumpet, but i've no idea what that is... I'm intrigued...

Perhaps he's a 'good' trumpet player :lol: :lol:

Sorry for the implied slur! :twisted:

Nigel Goodwin said:
Perhaps he's a 'good' trumpet player :lol: :lol:

Sorry for the implied slur! :twisted:

lol, he probably is better than me...! (apology accepted)

although I am principal trumpet in the county orchestra...

gerty said:
Went to the website to check it out, the price for one year in the US is $60 usd :shock: Ouch...

That's $5 per issue! - what's the problem with that?. It's looks pretty similar to the cost in UK shops, which is £3.10

I presently get Nuts/Volts for less than half that (24.95).Some say you get what you pay for , don't know enough about EPE to compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back