Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Evanescent Coupling?!? A new way to transfer electrical energy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a fellow before the 2nd world war named T.H. Moray who claimed to have tapped what he called the sea of energy. It is my understanding that he had an antenna and a resonate circuit with a special detector of some sorts and he was able to get large amounts of energy from the atmosphere. As the story goes he lived in Utah and was getting some of the raw material for this detector from Germany. When war broke out that ended his source of material. I have a friend, whos mother lived in the city of South Salt Lake during the time, and she remembers that Moray was able to power the whole electric grid of that city for a short time on his sea of energy device.

Parallel resonate circuits are interesting. If one measures the line current(that is the current to excite the resonate circuit, the current is very low).If one measures the circulating current it is very high.

I once built a active antenna for the AM broadcast band. The antenna was a 18" element feeding the high end of a parallel resonate circuit. It was in my basement about 15 miles from the nearest AM transmitter, I measured about 2 volts r.m.s across the resonate circuit. To make things more interesting there was no earth ground on the circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back