Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

euro wiring question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvan

hello
I live in switzerland and have a quick euro wiring question if anyone can help. sometimes its just easier to ask in english than in french.

i want to hook up my new (euro 220) washing machine but the place we've moved into has no plug receptacle but just a on/off switch for hard wire application and that goes back to the panel with a dedicated breaker.

inside the switch it has the numbers and connections.
1-black
3=red
5=white

on the bottom of the switch where i want to add my wires, ive done the following.

2=blue
4=brown
6=i left empty
yellow/green is paired with the existing ground in the box.

is this right? or should 6=brown?

im a bit stumped why the wiring is red,black and white to begin with as euro code is red=brown , black=blue and yellow/green=earth

any help appreciated.

thanks

Last edited:
Hi Dvan,
The only safe answer to that is to get it checked out by a qualified electrician. A washing machine MUST be earthed, so if you haven't got another socket to plug it into, that you know is good, then to be safe, you need to get it checked out. Who knows what has been done to the wiring by a previous owner..

Regards
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back