Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ETO Online Quiz Sheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericgibbs

Most Helpful Member
hi,

A Beginners level quiz has 10 questions for commonly used engineering abbreviations is located here: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/tools/Quiz/QuizV2.php

The intention is to publish a series of 10 questions quizzes covering Forum Topics, any member who would like to take part in submitting questions for these quizzes, drop me a PM and I will send further details.

E.

Ten for me also.

JimB

Ten to both :)

I took the one I wrote and got a 6. Would that be good? :)

People, the one I wrote was aimed at EL101 as in the first few weeks of EL101. I would expect all the regular members to get at least a 10 and maybe even a 11. :)

Ron

I got a seven on the first one. Would be nice to see what the correct answers were on missed questions. I expected electronic questions and not acronyms. Like how do you reset the flux capacitor when it is wired in parallel with "Mr fusion".

Nice work.

I got a seven on the first one. Would be nice to see what the correct answers were on missed questions. I expected electronic questions and not acronyms. Like how do you reset the flux capacitor when it is wired in parallel with "Mr fusion".

Nice work.

hi Gabe,

I didn't include the 'correct' answer, because the way the quiz program works is that the 'incorrectly' answered questions can be reattempted without redoing the full quiz again.

Reselect an answer and just re-press the Score button.

The intention is that the 'quizzed' person can rethink their answer and hopefully gain a little knowledge while retrying the question.

E.

My apologies to anyone that got 9 out of ten, like I did on my own quiz. I sent Eric a wrong answer. Hopefully it will be corrected soon.

Sorry

Mike.

Correction done.E

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

It's interesting to look back in history like that sometimes. I can remember some of those turning points quite well, but forgot the 'spreadsheet' one completely :)

I have a question.

Q4: What was the capacity of a 3.5” HD Floppy disk?

Initially I jumped on 720 KB. I thought a 1.44 MB floppy was actually Double High Density (DHD) and was preceded by the High Density (HD) which was 720 KB which was preceded by the 360 KB Low Density (LD)?

This as I sit wondering when the last time I used one was? :) I wonder what is on all those boxes of floppies I have? Maybe it is time to throw them away. I figure if I can't remember what is on them and I haven't used one for several years I must not need them.

Cool quiz Pommie.

Ron

Hi,

I actually have an older computer with two 360k 5.25 inch floppy drives that still works.
I think the 720k drives were double density, 1.44MB were high density.
I also had a computer with a 360k i think it took 720k disks too.
That one is long gone, along with its 8088 CPU and "XT" keyboard :)
I think it had a 40 megabyte hard drive.

Reloadron said:
Initially I jumped on 720 KB. I thought a 1.44 MB floppy was actually Double High Density (DHD) and was preceded by the High Density (HD) which was 720 KB which was preceded by the 360 KB Low Density (LD)?

I had a device that would punch a hole the corner of the floppy the make it double sided. Good times.

This as I sit wondering when the last time I used one was? :) I wonder what is on all those boxes of floppies I have? Maybe it is time to throw them away. I figure if I can't remember what is on them and I haven't used one for several years I must not need them.

Cool quiz Pommie.

Ron

More like decades. Seriously I can't remember last time i've used one, maaaaybe to update the bios on a REALLY old sparc or something. I'm guessing 10 or 12 years.

But yeah... cool quiz Pommie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back