Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ethernet Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorGuy

I am looking for a "simple" Ethernet circuit. What I need is to be able to send data from a PIC to the Ethernet controller over a network. It would also be nice to have it automatically pull a static IP from a router. Any help would be great.

GatorGuy said:
I am looking for a "simple" Ethernet circuit. What I need is to be able to send data from a PIC to the Ethernet controller over a network. It would also be nice to have it automatically pull a static IP from a router. Any help would be great.

You might have a look at ?.

Microchip just came out with a very cool SPI to ethernet IC designed to be used with the PIC. They provide the nessesary software too. A quick look at microchips website should turn up the chip.

i have great interest to work on the embedded ethernet controller but don't know where to start.
pls help me ,how to get familiar,don't under stand the tcp/ip stack..it deals with some web page coding...
i desperately need help friends..

Great thanks

I am really happy to see your guidance but i am looking for coding and circuit to known better about the systems.pls help me.
elecrajesh

Check out the offering from wiznet. I understand they are flexible and very easy to use. And you can get an inexpensive 'kit' with the chip and connector already mounted.

Last edited:
**broken link removed** has a web platform with a dspic hooked to ethernet via an spi chip. It's an open hardware and software design.

Help me

thanks brownout,i already have a W5100 eth.controller,enc28j60 but i don't knoe how to program it.
tcp/ip stack i was going through looks simple in explanation but its really hard to reliaze as part of programming.

I thought the TCP/IP stack was hardcoded in the chip, and all you have to do is set up the interface to your microcontroller. That's what I understood from the articles I've read, never actually used one, but it's on my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back