Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

etching stamping..

Status
Not open for further replies.

meera83

may i know where can i buy/get PCB etching stamping..

i not sure with its' name..
i just know how it is used..

for a copper board which is used to design PCB,
at the place which would like to remain the copper for solder the E&E component, i can place the stamping on the copper board..

after placing all the place that want to remain the copper, the copper will be sent to machine that will wash out the other part copper that i don't need to use it..

after that, the copper board will be seen as a PCB board that we can place our component and solder it..

got people show me this stamping, but the company already didn't sell it, so i have no idea where i can get this stamping..

It is hard to advise where to go, if we do not know where you are.

In the USA, DigiKey, Mouser, and Newark are common sources. RadioShack has a limited selection of materials for hobbyists. There are several other PCB and surplus sources that have been mentioned on the site several times. Check the recent thread, .

you could print the circuit onto clear acetate, put this on top of your copper clad board under the UV light box (or under the board, depending where the uv light is coming from)

you must consider this note to have a good result
1- the distance between 2 cupper be greater than .6mm
2- the width of all tracks (cupper) be greate than .6mm

madmikejt12 said:
you could print the circuit onto clear acetate, put this on top of your copper clad board under the UV light box (or under the board, depending where the uv light is coming from)

i have no choice to use other method..because this task is given by my supervisor..:(

sadly to say that my supervisor also don't know what the stamping call for..
and just ask me to get it through internet:mad: :mad:

SHAHRAM_MOJTABAIE said:
you must consider this note to have a good result
1- the distance between 2 cupper be greater than .6mm
2- the width of all tracks (cupper) be greate than .6mm

this PCB will be used for mechanical part, so i think the distance will be ok..
thanks;)

jpanhalt said:
It is hard to advise where to go, if we do not know where you are.

In the USA, DigiKey, Mouser, and Newark are common sources. RadioShack has a limited selection of materials for hobbyists. There are several other PCB and surplus sources that have been mentioned on the site several times. Check the recent thread, .

haha, sorry:p i m from Malaysia..

i will try to find through the company name that you suggest..
but the most important things is i still not sure with the name of the stamping..:(

they just ask me to get through on-line...:confused: :confused:

The name 'stamping', is likely why you are having trouble finding information. 'Mask' would be a more accurate term, since you want to cover/protect certain areas from the chemicals.

Need to be a little more clear. How many of these PCBs are you going to make?
If this is just a single board, and not too complex, you can use a permenant marker (Sharpie brand or similar). Sometimes you can use tape if the adhesive isn't weakened by heat or water (common black electrical tape works). There are rub-on decals (Press-n-Peel).

Since you have a machine that washes the PCB with the etchant, I'd guess you will be doing a lot of boards, or you are a student and your 'supervisor' is your instructor.

Give more information, if this is for a business, and you plan on doing a lot of PCB, we can give a better suggestion to meet your needs.

HarveyH42 said:
The name 'stamping', is likely why you are having trouble finding information. 'Mask' would be a more accurate term, since you want to cover/protect certain areas from the chemicals.

Need to be a little more clear. How many of these PCBs are you going to make?
If this is just a single board, and not too complex, you can use a permenant marker (Sharpie brand or similar). Sometimes you can use tape if the adhesive isn't weakened by heat or water (common black electrical tape works). There are rub-on decals (Press-n-Peel).

Since you have a machine that washes the PCB with the etchant, I'd guess you will be doing a lot of boards, or you are a student and your 'supervisor' is your instructor.

Give more information, if this is for a business, and you plan on doing a lot of PCB, we can give a better suggestion to meet your needs.

they will use it for two or three sample PCB...

"use tape if the adhesive isn't weakened by heat or water (common black electrical tape works). There are rub-on decals (Press-n-Peel)."

did you know what the name for the above description tape??
the mask/stamping that i would like to get is similar with the description you
write..(black tape--press n peel)

i m a fresh graduate from University.. so practical experience = ZERO..;)

thanks..:)

May you be well and happy:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back