Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Etchant

Status
Not open for further replies.
hjl4 said:
The fluorescent bulb I use is standard 15watt bulb you can buy for fish tank or desk lamp.(standard frosted fluorescent bulb)
Try it and you'll see.

i use the same, a GE 15 watt T8 18" fluorescent tube, "Daylight Deluxe" (they were 99 cents at a discount store)

I have mine about 4" above the board, and expose for 9-10 min

my boards are a bit too big for one light to handle, I'm watching for another to go on sale so I get good coverage without having to wait forever.

I'm using Philmore Datak positive resist boards, their instructions claim 60-90 sec for UV, 8 min for fluorescent and 10+ for incandescent ... they specificaly say not to use halogen, that a simple 100 watt soft-white incandescent bulb works best

Oznog said:
Black light flourescent (not the stupid light bulb painted purple) has tons of UV in the right range.
I use a pair of Philips F15T8/BL bulbs at 6 inches for 90-150 seconds (depending on artwork). Gives me great results, even through the 1/4" plate glass of the contact frame. Here's a couple links for price comparison. Several years ago, I paid about $20US each for them, they're much cheaper now. These were the bulbs specified by the PC board manufacturer.

https://www.bulbdirect.com/catalog.asp?prodid=407483&showprevnext=1
https://www.atlantalightbulbs.com/ecart/nw012104/GUARANTEEDF15T8BL.htm

JB

chemelec said:
However you Must have a Good Resist. I'm Not sure if those Laser Printer Transfers are good enough. Never tried that resist process, nor have I used the Peel and Stick stuff.

I've [laser] printed circuits onto the waxed paper back of sticky lables, this transfers very easily to a clean copper surface with a bit of heat from an electric iron.

Then it's straight into the etching bath, clean, drill and use :eek:)

best regards,
colin

--

www.minisumo.org.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back