Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Etch Resist templates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnson777717

Good day folks!

I normally hand-draw my PCB's with a sharpie marker or two, and I use general drafting templates to steady my hand.

Does anyone know of a template that is created for making PCB's? For instance, a template that has pre-measured pads for DIP sockets, resistor pads, trace sizing etc? I'm looking for a single alternative to the 4 templates that I currently use.

I've searched around at Staedler, Mars etc. I've searched some electronics suppliers, but they either want to sell the template as a PCB making kit, or don't have a specific template for creating PCB's.

Thanks for your help!

yeah i have also tried this kindf of method of placing the resist on the board. i tried making my own out of plastic and using one of those prototype boards to know where to cut.

then i found an easier way, iron on, press-n-peel.

now i only use the sharpie pen for touching up and imperfections.

Yeah, maybe the point is, that I need to go with a more advanced and efficient approach to making the PCB's, rather than hand drawing with templates. I do enjoy hand drawing because it involves a more artistic approach, but it is so time consuming. Bottom line, I need to go with a better, more efficient process.

How do you do the iron on stuff? Where can I find out what the process is etc? I suppose I can search Google to see if someone has a tutorial site or something. I've also looked at Photo developing etc.

Thanks for the kick in the rear. :lol:

sorry for the late reply- shoddy internet service.

here is the type of product I was talking about:

www.techniks.com

when I get some time, I will be experimenting with a homemade sheets of these. I simply dissolve a small amount of clay into water, and spray that onto overhead transparencies and leave them to dry, from there:

print-cut-iron-peel and etch !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back