Etch Resist templates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnson777717

Good day folks!

I normally hand-draw my PCB's with a sharpie marker or two, and I use general drafting templates to steady my hand.

Does anyone know of a template that is created for making PCB's? For instance, a template that has pre-measured pads for DIP sockets, resistor pads, trace sizing etc? I'm looking for a single alternative to the 4 templates that I currently use.

I've searched around at Staedler, Mars etc. I've searched some electronics suppliers, but they either want to sell the template as a PCB making kit, or don't have a specific template for creating PCB's.

Thanks for your help!

yeah i have also tried this kindf of method of placing the resist on the board. i tried making my own out of plastic and using one of those prototype boards to know where to cut.

then i found an easier way, iron on, press-n-peel.

now i only use the sharpie pen for touching up and imperfections.

Yeah, maybe the point is, that I need to go with a more advanced and efficient approach to making the PCB's, rather than hand drawing with templates. I do enjoy hand drawing because it involves a more artistic approach, but it is so time consuming. Bottom line, I need to go with a better, more efficient process.

How do you do the iron on stuff? Where can I find out what the process is etc? I suppose I can search Google to see if someone has a tutorial site or something. I've also looked at Photo developing etc.

Thanks for the kick in the rear. :lol:

sorry for the late reply- shoddy internet service.

here is the type of product I was talking about:

www.techniks.com

when I get some time, I will be experimenting with a homemade sheets of these. I simply dissolve a small amount of clay into water, and spray that onto overhead transparencies and leave them to dry, from there:

print-cut-iron-peel and etch !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…