Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Esd(anti static) carrying box for semiconductor and electronic components transport

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinodquilon

I used to carry a large amount of following items from one place to other by bus.

1. Capacitors-5 types-Total 380 nos
2. Connectors-14 types-total 40 nos
3. Diodes-3 types-200 nos
4. CMOS ICs-3 types-6 nos
5. DIP ICs-5 types-66 nos
6. TO 99 ICs-2 types-6 nos
7. OP AMPs-1 type-2 nos
8. FPGAs-2 type-4 nos
9. SMDs-2 types-86 nos
10.ADCs-1 type-2 nos
11. RAM-1 type-2 nos
12. MUXs-1 type-12 nos
13. Crystal-1 type-2 nos
14. EEPROM-1 type-2 nos
15. Opto coupler-1 type-6 nos
16. Pulse transformer-1 type-4 nos
17. Relays-4 types-60 nos
18. Resistors-20 types-288 nos
19. Transistor-1 type-2 nos
20, PCBs-4 types-6 nos

I want to split the above 82 types in separate compartments of storage box.
Which type of box should I prefer ?
Can anyone give google links ?

have you considered anti-static bags?

You can purchase anti-static foam pads at a lot of electronics shops, both online and off. Seeing as you're in India, I'm not sure if you have any stores like RadioShack, but online shouldn't be a problem.

The foam pads have two benefits. 1, they're soft, so that you can actually stick the components into it and it will hold them firm, and 2, it eliminates most static electricity. I would recommend purchasing something like that. You can cut the pads to the sizes of the compartments in just about any container. I am currently using a fishing tackle box with 2x2 inch compartments, and a lid that completely encloses each one.

That would be my recommendation.

The foam looks something like this:

SquareConductiveFoam_LRG.jpg

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back