Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ESCs and Brushless motors

Status
Not open for further replies.

blort1961

Received a bunch of lo-cost ESCs and matching Brushless Motors, but all the connecting wires are black. Im used to seeing the 3 output wires from the ESCs with red black and white wires, and matching colored wires on the motors. This time all connecting wires are black.
Im pretty certain that I can figure out the ESCs wiring, as its just a PCB board, and I can trace it...but how do I figure out the Motors wiring.???

What are the drive (ESC?) spec unless there is electronic commutation then it should not matter, just a question of different rotation if wrong.
PDF shows back fed stator output and corresponding commutation phasing if used.
Max.

Attachments

• commutation.pdf
    136.6 KB · Views: 166
I think all 3 wires to the brushless motor are the same color because the direction of turning does not matter like for a vibrator. I agree that swapping two of the wires will reverse the turning direction if the motor does not have Hall Switches or any other kind of commutation.

Thanks guys, just shortly after posting I found a article that basically said the same thing. Truly amazing thing, these brushless thingys

I realized after you may be referring to RC ESC's controller?
Here is a slightly larger outrunner used in modern washing machines now.
**broken link removed**
Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back