Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Error messages while using PICprog4u for programming PIC ICs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divya Sunil

I am using Multi PIC JDM programmer version 5.2 and PICprog4u for programming my PIC 16F628A. I had been using this for quite some time and it had been working alright. Now suddenly a problem has cropped up. Now when I open PICprog4u and select JDM programmer it is telling the message “Couldn’t open COM port” and after cliking OK from some 6 to 7 times it was detecting the programmer with the message “JDM programmer was found on COM1”. There after the programmer works alright. Picprog4U version I am using is 0.8.2

When I checked up the hardware tab of the PICprog4u programming window COM ports 1, 3,4,5,6,7,8,9 were ticked.

On checking up the COM ports of my PC from the device manager window, I found that the same ports were present and additionally COM ports 10,11,12,13 were also present. I disabled the COM ports 3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and tried programming and now my programmer works alright. Now in the first instance itself I get the “JDM programmer was found on COM1” message.

Can somebody help me to understand this:
- Why only on disabling COM 3,4,5,6,7,8,9 my programmer worked alright whereas there were 4 more ports (10,11,12,13) present on my computer.
- Probable reasons for this problem not occuring initially and suddenly started coming up.
-How can I avoid this problem for future as I cannot keep my computer poers disable always na

Also I have observed that in my PC ports only COM1 is Communications Port all others are ports are listed as blue tooth serial port (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13).

Can anybody find me a solution please !!!!!

Thanku friends

Hi Sunil,

Please check the length of cable-- i do understand it was working for quite a time-- still reduce the length to a minimum and you will not have this problem i feel.

How long should the serial cable be?

I have the same problem, saying that it can't initalise but then a second window pops up and say's that it does. I have the JDM on com 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back